Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blood Pressure Dropped

Yet another benefit I've experienced since going vegan: my blood pressure dropped. I've had a pretty consistent blood pressure range of 135/80-ish. I always assumed it being slightly high was genetic, since I exercised a lot and "ate well" (as well as one can while still consuming animal products). I saw a doctor yesterday and he was happy to see it had dropped to 118/73! This takes me out of prehypertension and puts me into the normal range. He was confident it was the diet that made the difference. So am I.

2 comments:

  1. My blood pressure rose after I read a "vegetarian" recipe from a reputable magazine that included chicken broth. Hello people. Chicken broth comes from boiling chicken bits, and is therefore decidedly NOT vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok Janice :) Here in Aus we're lucky - a brand called Massel makes stocks (chicken/beef/vege) that are completely animal-free. Hopefully you can find some of the same?

    ReplyDelete