Friday, June 18, 2010

Home made, sort of, vegan value meal

The other day, I was craving a chicken tender value meal from Wendy's. I contemplated going through the drive through and just getting fries, then going home and eat something else. I've done that before. But, that's kinda nasty. I resisted.

Instead, I dug into my freezer for a quick fix. I'm not always in the mood for the most healthy vegan meals. So, I made my own fast-food type vegan value thing.

Sweet Potato Fries

Soy "Chicken" Nuggets (Trader Joes)

Organic, Unsweetened Ketchup


Put it all together, and I got this after about 20 minutes in the oven:



It was not quite as satisfying, but by the end I didn't care. I was super full. I liked it. It was easy and prep free. Sometimes, that's all I want.

3 comments:

  1. Everything okay IQEM? Missing your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i would totally follow you if you are still blogging... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah, i've been missing your posts too...I hope it just means you've been busy, and not that you've de-veganized or that something horrible has happened in your life...!

    ReplyDelete