Thursday, May 26, 2011

Foods I've replaced

Even though I've been eating some meat and dairy, there are foods that have permanently replaced animal products in my kitchen, since they're just as tasty and easily replaced. This is a list of vegan foods I've incorporated into my diet, and the animal products they've replaced. Over time, these small changes I'm sure have added up to a much healthier diet.

1. Earth Balance soy-free spread, replacing butter
2. Almond, Rice, Hemp and Soy Milks, replacing dairy milk
3. Vegan "parmesan", replacing parmesan
4. SO Delicious Coconut milk ice cream, replacing ice cream
5. Vegan vitamins, replacing vitamins
6. Amy's Dairy/Gluten free mac and cheese, replacing Kraft mac and cheese
7. Amy's Dairy free frozen pizzas, replacing frozen pizzas
8. Larabars, replacing various snack bars
9. Nate's Meatless Meatballs, replacing ground turkey

That's all I can think of for now.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I really hope you are recovering well. just out of interest, which milk alternative do you think is the best? am slowly making the changeover to veganism (Fingers crossed!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with the Amy's mac and cheese. Yumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list to show this is easy :)
    I see you replaced some meat with meatless meatballs. May I recommend hitting up an Asian market for more? You can find interesting stuff, like vegan fish (including seaweed "skin"), vegan abalone, vegan shrimp, vegan chicken, vegan pork, you get the idea. The tastes aren't always spot on but are usually good to eat and the texture's always great :)

    ReplyDelete