Sunday, April 18, 2010

A beautiful Sunday

I'm always surprised and delighted when I find out I've had an impact on anyone's life for the better, for any reason. And, it's even better when it's my Mom. We had a vegan breakfast Sunday morning at Mani's, and she mentioned she was tending to eat more vegan meals since I decided to change my eating habits. Awesome. It can only lead to good things!

I know I always say how great Mani's is, but it really is. They have so many vegan options, even vegan desserts, that it's hard to resist. It's a little pricey, but not outrageous. $10 - $13 for most breakfast items. I had the breakfast wrap (Black beans, guacamole, spinach, mushrooms, vegan tofu scramble in a whole wheat tortilla. Served with our Ranchero Sauce and Pico de Gallo.)  And after a great meal at Mani's, what better way to spend the afternoon than browsing the Melrose Trading Post.

1 comment:

  1. Thumbs up re: your mom! My mom has switched to organic milk and peanut butter. It's a start! She's all for my vegan conversion, but still wishes I would drink milk. I told her, I do! Almond milk, rice milk, hemp milk, coconut milk, lots of milk! :) (Then she asked if hemp milk gets me high... oy vey).

    ReplyDelete