Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Review: California Pita

I had a surprisingly good vegan lunch the other day at California Pita. I ate some kabobs there once in my omni days and was not impressed. And Daphne's falafel sandwich leaves a lot to be desired. But, I was craving a sandwich, this place was close, and so I decided to give it a try. How bad could a falafel sandwich be? (Pretty bad, actually)

I was pleasantly surprised. It was large enough for my hefty appetite, and the falafel was fresh and hot. It also had some spinach mixed into it which was a nice touch. And they spared nothing when it came to ingredients. Plenty of falafel, hummus, tahini, cucumbers, tomatoes and a large (not really a pita in my book) wrap. It's one of those sandwiches you have to eat with a fork at first if you have any hope of getting it small enough to fit in your mouth and eat it like a normal sandwich. And at $5.99, you can't beat the price with a stick.


Lastly, I was impressed with the real plate and real metal fork. Not only does it give the food more respect and make it more appetizing, it's better for the environment. It's pretty rare to see this in a strip mall joint so I give them a big plus on that front.

I'll definitely be back. +1 California Pita.

2 comments:

  1. Hey just letting you know I really enjoy your blog!

    Keep up with the yummy pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized that I also appreciate metal forks and real plates. But that isn’t a sandwich. I think they call them gyros.

    ReplyDelete