Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hmmmmmmm. I don't give a f**k about eating meat.

On Friday I emailed everyone I knew who I thought might be interested in this blog, and Facebooked it. The response was...Wow! I got a lot of support, and even more concern over my protein intake. I'm feeling really strong. I haven't had any cravings. If anything, I have more energy because I'm feeling lighter. And maybe it's a mental thing too, because I've made a decision about something that means a lot to me, and I'm sticking to it. OK, stop crying. But, my favorite response was from my best friend. He hadn't seen the blog yet, and I told him I went vegetarian. His immediate response was: "Hmmmmmmm. I don't give a f**k about eating meat." He continued to say he wanted to go veg and just hadn't gotten around to it because it wasn't convenient. There have been 2 people so far who said I've inspired them to possibly change their diet. It's an unexpected consequence of this project that makes me feel good. Ok, that's enough crying. Contain yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment