Saturday, December 12, 2009

Putting it on

I wasn't sure at first if the energy increase I was feeling after going vegan was temporary or not. Well, over a month in, it's still there. And awesome. Any concerns I had over feeling fatigued or malnourished are gone. I'm surprised at how great it feels. I was hoping to be at the same energy level I was at before going vegan, but it's really increased dramatically. I didn't expect it. And being into fitness as much as I am already, going vegan is one of the best things I've done to increase my athletic abilities.

I was used to being sore for a day or two after a hard training session. I didn't mind it at all. But now, I've noticed I barely get sore at all. And if I do, I recover much quicker. I have very little body fat, and I'm now trying to gain muscle mass. I've lost about 3 lbs. since going vegan (expected), but I started a steady weight training program a couple weeks ago to start adding weight. It's not going to be easy, but I'm determined. My goal is to put on 12-15 lbs. of weight in the next 12-18 months.

I'm confident after much research that my vegan diet is going to help by body thrive, recover, build, and achieve my goal. If my faster recovery and increased energy is any indication, I may even exceed it.

And on a completely unrelated note, I love this t-shirt graphic. It made me laugh by myself out loud. (lbmol?)


2 comments:

  1. It's great that you have increased energy. That alone is a good argument for going vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just bought a messenger bag, croc charm and magnet with this graphic for my nephew for christmas (well, the magnet's for me). Love it!

    ReplyDelete