- I at 2 mini reese's peanut butter cups that have been staring at me from my kitchen shelf for months. They probably have some remnant of evaporated milk in them.
- I sampled a milk chocolate candy at Trader Joe's
- I drank wine that turned out to be vegan, but I didn't check before I drank it.
- I ate refried beans in a veggie burrito that probably had lard in it.
- I bought bread today that has honey in it.
The chocolates: Both times I knew the chocolates weren't vegan. I slipped.
The wine: I didn't even think about it since other things were on my mind.
The beans. I knew it at the time but didn't care. No excuses.
I still have been doing fantastic at sticking to the new diet, and the slip-ups are very few and far between. I can only imagine they will continue to erode as I become more comfortable and aware. Reflecting on it, I realize my slip ups required the same carelessness as eating meat and dairy. I buried the truth to satisfy myself in the moment. Some may see the above slip-ups as minor, and others major, but to me they are a reminder of how far I've come, and how far I have left to go. They are neither major nor minor, but just are.