Saturday, February 13, 2010

More Vegan Meal/Snack Ideas

Man, I've come a long way since eating veggie burritos, salads and green beans when I first went vegan. Here's a few meals and snacks I've had lately that I've really enjoyed. Enjoy!

Yesterday, I had lunch at my favorite Thai-Japanese restaurant: Pink Elephant. I got the green curry with eggplant, bell peppers, mixed vegetables and a side of brown rice. I was extra hungry, so I also had a salad and veggie egg roll to start. And I ate every last scrap. If you're ever around Topanga Blvd. and Sherman Way, check it out. I've never been disappointed.


I made some pasta the other night, and wanted to incorporate a bunch of veggies into my sauce. It worked out well. I used fresh tomatoes, onions, broccoli and zucchini. I used to put ground turkey in my Ragu and call it a day. This is sooooo much better, and makes a much lighter, fresher pasta.


Today, I made a tasty little snack that I make a lot. I garnished the hummus with olive oil, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. I love olives, so I put some kalamatas on there too. I threw the pita on my gas stove to heat it up, and added some carrots for dipping.

3 comments:

  1. I love carrots and hummus! I'll have to try to hit Pink Elephant when I'm in the valley, looks bomb. I used to live near Thai town in Hollywood, and I have some fave spots up there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which spots? I'm near Thai Town a lot but not sure where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE hummus. Especially with carrots! And I love olives too. Yumyum.

    I'm looking forward to going to Istanbul, for all the mezzes!

    ReplyDelete