Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Vegan Restaurant Review: Cru

Think you can't get some amazing vegan cheesecake that'll satisfy your urge for a giant, sweet, creamy cheese slab? Think again. And what you should be thinking the second time is "I'm going to Cru Restaurant in Silverlake." I know I'm starting this review with dessert, but it was just amazing. This is a picture from their website of what it looks like:

 

Yeah, it looks like that. But, back to the main meal. The place is really small, and they don't take reservations. But, it's so worth it. I only waited about 15 minutes on a Saturday night, which isn't bad at all. And once we had our seats, I was delighted by the menu. It was mostly raw food, but they also had a decent amount of cooked items. I had the pesto ravioli with cashew cheese and arugula salad. That was a raw meal, believe it or not. I wasn't sure what to expect, and what I got was a refreshing dish with loosely made "raviolis." It was great. Check out the photography on their website and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Eating out vegan is just super fun. I love seeing what the creative chefs come up with, since I'm likely to never cook anything of the sort at home. So, try it, and I hope you enjoy this place as much as I did.

Downsides: I don't recommend going to this place if you're really hungry. The portions are not big. They aren't small either, but just don't expect to leave stuffed. Plus, you'll want plenty of room for the cheesecake, or any of the other desserts that look fantastic. It's a bit pricey, but not crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment