Sunday, February 21, 2010

No more fast food

I used to eat pretty healthy before. But, there were times where I was in a hurry and would stop for fast food. I'd be on my way out on a Friday night, or my way in, or after work or after the gym, or whenever. OK, and there were times when I wasn't in a hurry whatsoever and would get fast food. I usually got a burger, or a chicken sandwich, or nuggets, etc. Barf. Since going vegan, I haven't gotten fast food once. But, I needed a way to fill that gap in those situations where having time and/or the desire to cook falls short. That's where my local Los Burritos comes in.

It's only 2 blocks from my apartment, and it's open late, and they can crank out my veggie burrito in under 5 minutes. +1, +2 and +3. This place is not that great, especially if you're interested in meat. But, they have really good salsa, and it's pretty much impossible to mess up a veggie burrito. Beans, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, tomato, and rice. They don't use lard in their beans, either. I hit this place at least once a week and it does the trick. It works for me in my panic-no-fast-food-what-do-I-do situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment