Monday, February 15, 2010

PeopleTowels™

I love the idea behind PeopleTowels. The mission is to stop using disposable paper towels in public facilities, in order to save trees, water and the environment. "How" you ask? This handy graphic from their website breaks it down.


What does this have to do with being vegan? Nothing, really. But, since becoming vegan and being more aware of my environmental impact, things like this excite me. And to get me even more excited, I won their Facebook "How Green is Your Love" contest and scored 3 free PeopleTowels! I'm giving them away as gifts so I can order different designs for myself. I'm ordering this set:



I'm really impressed with the quality. They are 100% Fair Trade, organic cotton. Here's how my fun-filled PeopleTowel day went: They arrive! I'm happy.


This design is for Valentine's Day, but works year round.


The back side has a soft, terry feel to it. They're really lightweight, so they dry super fast.


I plan on using PeopleTowels from now on, or if I don't have one with me, I'll use the good ol' hands on the pants method. And if you're like me and the idea of bathroom door handles grosses you out, use the towel or your sleeve.

And no, I'm not getting paid or anything to promote this company. I just really like they're style, designs, mission, and idea. Hopefully you'll check 'em out!

2 comments:

  1. In Japan, they've been using a Japanese version of PeopleTowels forever. In fact, when I was picked up at the airport in Japan, my ride had one waiting for me so I could use it in the bathroom AT the airport. Everyone has one in their pocket all the time. It's a good way to go. I'm gonna get me an office PeopleTowel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound really interesting. I've stopped using air dryers because I read they triple the bacteria on your hands (EW.), but then paper towels aren't the most environmentally friendly solution either.

    ReplyDelete