Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Check-up from the neck-down

I saw my doctor this week. The last time I was there was in September, for a physical. This week, I had my bloodwork done to be sure I'm healthy, and getting all my nutrients with my new, vegan diet. It's been almost 5 months since going vegan. I feel great, and I have no reason to believe that I'm deficient in any way, but I just want to be sure. I don't have the results of my bloodwork yet, but my doctor said I look healthy.

However, I can report on my weight. In September, I weighed 162 lbs. Now I weigh 148 lbs. That's a loss of 14 lbs. I don't think I've weighed this much since I was a teenager. I checked my BMI and I'm well within the normal range for my age and height. And my doctor wasn't concerned, either.

I don't feel skinny, but my pants are getting a bit looser around the waist. I've gone from a 32 to a 30 inch waist. I feel energetic. I feel strong. I feel fit. I can still train hard. As I continue on my new weightlifting routine, I hope to put on some lean muscle mass and weight.

I'll report on my bloodwork as soon as I get the results. It shouldn't be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment