Sunday, March 28, 2010

Doctor approved!

I recently got the results of my bloodwork—and it's all good. I have no deficiencies, no evidence of anemia or any other problems. In fact, my overall condition has improved.  As I said in my earlier post, I've lost 14 lbs. I'm trying to gain that back by increasing my weightlifting and protein intake (more lentils and nuts).

Here's what the American Heart Assoc. considers healthy.

Here are the highlights of my results:
142 - Total Cholesterol (desireable < 200)
42 - Triglyceride (fat) Level (desirable < 150.
58 - HDL good cholesterol (desirable level above 39)
76 -LDL bad cholesterol (desirable level < 130)
83 - Blood sugar (normal 69 - 99)

Here's my favorite part:

3 comments:

  1. congrats! looks good~! i am not into doctors, but i should do a similar check up...been vegetarian for a while and more recently went vegan (for the second try...hoping to to stick this time!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are in excellent shape - well done! -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. YA YA YA!

    I'm gonna ask for this from my doctor, too. I love the Continue vegan diet.

    ReplyDelete