Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Review: Amy's Frozen Vegan Pizza

I know frozen pizzas aren't the greatest thing to put in my body, but everyone once in a while I need a pizza fix. And this time is usually around 11:00 pm when pizza spots are closed, especially any with vegan options.

In comes Amy's. In my ongoing quest for non-dairy Amy's Mac & Cheese, I discovered Amy's Rice Crust, Gluten Free, Non-Dairy Cheese pizza. I know, it sells itself!



It was really good! It satisfied my craving. Here's how it works: You bake it for about 8 minutes, and then broil it for about 1 minute to melt the cheese. I was skeptical about the cheese, as I haven't seen a lot of melted non-dairy cheese be successful. But, I got excited when I saw it starting to melt and crisp up! Thumbs up Amy's! It's not like the taste blew me away, but it did the trick.

4 comments:

  1. Oh cool - is that new? Is it made with Daiya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just randomly came across your blog and thought I'd let you know that in my on-going quest for vegan mac and cheese from Amy's, I found Road's End Mac and Chreese, you can see it on this link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Roads-End-Organics®-Chreese®-Organic/dp/B000LKZEO6
    Hopefully you can find it at a health food store in LA! Continue to enjoy your on going journey through veganism!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's Daiya...But it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog through a comment you left on a Jonathan Safron Foer article. Have you tried Whole Foods Vegan deli pizza?? *Love* it!

    ReplyDelete