Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Chose to Slip

This has been a crazy work week. Lots of late nights and early mornings and eating lunch at my desk. So, when my co-worker offered to pick me up something for lunch yesterday, I appreciated it. I had nothing and I had no time to go anywhere. He was heading to Baja Fresh, so I asked him to pick me up a veggie burrito, no cheese. And he did just that.

I had meetings. and the thing sat on my desk for an hour. I finally got to it around 3 in the afternoon. I was starving. Well, after 1 bite, I saw it had sour cream on it. Choice: Throw it away and eat whatever scraps I had (some nuts and an apple for a snack later), or eat the burrito with the sour cream. I ate the burrito. It wasn't enjoyable, but I needed the fuel. I gave in.

This was a case that I won't beat myself over it. I wasn't thrilled to have the dairy in my system, I didn't like the taste, but my needs trumped my values. Life's about choices and balance. This choice worked for me.

But, I learned my lesson though. Think ahead and be specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment